Welcome to La Pruneraie
La Pruneraie offers two gîtes/cottages: one with three bedrooms (sleeps 6 + cot) and ideal for a family; and one with a double bedroom and single guest bed (sleeps 2-3) and ideal for a couple. The cottages are situated in a small hamlet of just five houses – la Pruneraie – in the heart of the French countryside, about 30 minutes south of Avranches and about 40 minutes north of Rennes. The area is quiet and peaceful, perfect for a quiet, relaxing holiday or as a base for exploring Brittany and Normandy.
La Pruneraie lies between the villages of Montanel in Normandy and St Ouen la Rouërie in Brittany in a quiet cul-de-sac. The village of St Ouen la Rouërie is within walking distance and has a bar, bakery, hairdressers, restaurant and general grocer’s.
The area is beautiful and unspoiled, with open fields and forests, chestnut and apple trees. There are many picturesque towns in the area, and numerous châteaux, cathedrals and churches worth visiting. The landing beaches from the second world war are also close by.
There’s so much to do locally, including golf, walking, kayaking, horse riding, tennis and cycling. There are lovely walks around the lake and through the woods of the nearby Forêt de Villecartier, as well as an assault course and boating. Sandy, safe beaches are just a short drive away. You can also take a boat trip from Granville to Chausey, an archipelago of unspoiled islands to the south of Jersey.
Nearby Mont St Michel is not to be missed, but you will also enjoy visiting the towns of Fougères, Ducey, Avranches, Villedieu les Poêles (for its copperwork), Mortain (for its panoramic views and waterfalls), Dol de Bretagne, Dinan (a beautiful inland river port), St Malo (particularly the old walled town and port), Vitré, etc.
- Are you looking for a self-catering cottage in the Normandy/Brittany area?
- Do you want a comfortable and safe, child-friendly gîte for your family?
- Or do you want an immaculate ground-floor gîte that’s ideal for a couple?
- Do you want somewhere in a quiet, cul-de-sac location with no through traffic?
- Would you like the use of a games-room with darts, table tennis, pool and table football?
- Would you like to be close to Mont St Michel and the Normandy landing beaches?* Would you like a south-facing garden with swings, slide, patio, built-in barbecue and plenty of garden furniture?
- Would you like the use of bikes at no extra charge?
If you’ve answered yes to even just a few of these questions then get in touch using our contact form to book a relaxing and fun filled holiday.